The "Little Things in Life" meme by burge
List five little things which make you happy/satisfied/give you pleasure. Don't go for the obvious ones like second-hand bookshops, warm baths, ice cream, wanking, seeing a band live or whatever. Odd little things, which give you a little frisson and make things better, even if just for a moment.
1) The first cup of coffee of the working day, as drunk from my work mug, which looks like this:
I admit that I bought it myself. Feel free to draw your own conclusions from that fact.
2) The video for Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler, particularly this bit:
Everything's better with half-naked muscular men somersaulting at you out of the twilight, isn't it?
3) Momo the Hamster, which is the most charming webpage in the history of anything. Even after the best part of a decade (surely outliving the original Momo), the little cartoons still make me grin like a sugar-happy eight-year-old.
4) Getting one of the new British coin designs as change. I'm not usually a collector by nature, but I do love interesting graphic design when it turns up in my pocket. The 1p and 2p coins are fairly easy to find now, but today I was given a 10p and a 20p for the very first time, and was disproportionately pleased about it. I foresee a certain amount of interior bouncing whenever I manage to complete the full set...
5) Glimpsing my favourite part of Zachary Quinto's anatomy. It's probably not the part that he is most famous for, nor the part you might be expecting me to mention, but I am strangely enraptured by it nonetheless. It's this bit:
Of course, I generally watch Heroes for the plot (hem hem), but if I should happen to get a bit of extra shallow entertainment along the way, who's going to blame me? (By the way, the full version of that image can be seen over here. Swoonsome AND weirdly surreal. I think I approve.)
So to summarize: caffeine, crumpet, cuddly animals, cash, and more crumpet. Hmm. Perhaps I am just here for the predictable things in life...